Thursday, August 11, 2011

Bewitched Returning to TV??

Rumor has it that CBS and SONY are considering rebooting the Bewitched TV show.  Now, they've just ordered a script so this is still in the very early stages.  It doesn't have a full green light and no casting as been announced or anything like that.  Part of me is very excited about this!  I loved the original TV show with Elizabeth Montgomery!  But I'm only very cautious.  Apparently producers of the Will Ferrell/Nicole Kidman movie are also involved with this new TV pilot.  I hated that movie!  It lacked all the magic of the original TV show.   I wanted them to just make a Bewitched movie-- about an advertizing exec who's wife happens to be a magical witch.  Instead what we got was a movie about a failed actor trying to revitalize his career by doing a re-make of a classic TV show and casting a beautiful woman in the role of the witch who just happens to be a magical witch.  Um... that's just dumb.  And not funny.  

Pardon the quality of this video I found on YouTube, but it sums up my thoughts on that 2005 Bewitched movie.  Let's hope this new TV show doesn't provide similar disappointment.

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mRAqbAtQ5I]

1 comment: