Tuesday, January 15, 2008

MacBook Woe

In August 2006 I started grad school, took out a student loan and bought my first mac. I went with the 13" MacBook with a few upgrades. It's not a bottom line model but it certainly doesn't have all the bells and whistles that the MacBook Pro has. For example, my MacBook has a plastic casing while the Pro has a metal casing. Overall I'm extremely happy with my Mac. It's far superior to my old Dell! It's faster. It runs smoother. It's overall just amazing. That being said, I do have a qualm. Remember when I said it has a plastic casing? (Of course you do, it was like 5 seconds ago.) The casing has developed a crack. Alack the day!! A Crack! A Crack! It started out as a hairline fracture on the edge of the casing where my right wrist rests. Now it's devloped into a crack that's just over an inch long and maybe a 16th of an inch wide. A quick google search has revealed that I'm not alone. This is apparently a common problem with the MacBook. It stil works fine but this crack is unsightly. I put tape on it but that looks even more ghetto. I should probably take it to a mac store and see if my warranty will cover this. But, of course, the closest mac store is hours away. Damn you Alabama!

Really, all of this makes me look longingly at the the metal MacBook Pro and check how much moola I have in my checking account. Hmm. No no-- I shouldn't buy a new computer just because mine has a tiny crack... right? I mean that's crazy!

Thoughts?


Powered by ScribeFire.

2 comments:

  1. You know a Mac book Pro is in your future! You are to addicted to technology to not have one!!Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not crazy! BUY BUY BUY!!!Love,A Bad Influence

    ReplyDelete