Thursday, August 18, 2011

Batman & Robin Gay??


I read a fascinating blog the other day on the Comics Code Authority.  I HIGHLY suggest that you go over the Dork Forty Blog and read it!   You see, back in the 50's Dr. Frederic Wertham wrote a book called Seduction of the Innocent that was highly critical of the comic book industry and it's potential influence on the youth of America.  One of the many claims that he made in the book was that Batman & Robin's relationship implied an improper or homosexual intimacy and that Robin’s costume might stir gay feelings in young boys.  Well... I'm not saying that comic books made me gay, but I could say that as a gay kid I might have been drawn to Batman and other chiseled heros in tight tight costumes for a reason that I was totally unaware of at the time.

But, for the record,  Batman and Robin are certainly not gay!   But I can see how one might get a confused.  Taken out of context these clippings (mainly from the pre Comics Code era) do feed the imagination a little.  Check it out for a good laugh :)










Ok, so they tan together.  In Jersey this isn't gay at all.










Well.. Batman loves Robin.. right?  I mean.. well...










Haha!  I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation...










This one really makes me laugh!  I'm not sure what they're talking about but I think you can get it on Christopher St. In fact, I know you can.  ;)










Oh now they're getting Superman involved.  This seems like a very bad idea.  How old are those boys?










I have no explanation. Haha!










You'd think Wayne Manor would be big enough for Dick to have his own room!











It's um.. milk?










I.. I can't explain this.



1 comment:

  1. Oh fucking lol

    very well delivered

    #touché

    ReplyDelete