Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Dispatch from NYC


Right now I'm sitting in a tiny hotel room on 45th Street between 5th and 6th Ave in New York City. Last night we had our showcase at New World Stages. The 2008 MFA acting class was amazing and I hope they get some great job connections and agents out of it. I stage managed the showcase-- an easy job. I just had to get the props to NYC, coordinate a few things and get the show started, call a few cues, 1 scene shift, & clean up.

So- that was yesterday. Today I had a day off in NYC! This is my first time in the city and I'm loving it! Unfortunately I'm not in town for long-- we fly out tomorrow actually. But I made the most of my time here. Here's a list of "firsts" for me:
  • I SM'd a show off Broadway in NYC... well a showcase. It kinda counts.
  • I saw a Broadway show! I was lucky enough to have friends with connections and actually got a comp too!! I saw A Chorus Line and it was AMAZING!! I laughed- I cried. It was a mile marker of my life! :)
  • I ate at Sardi's. I looked for muppet rats under the table but sadly there were none.
  • I went shopping at Macy's. I found a cute shirt but sadly- no Santa.
  • I hung out in Greenwich Village with my friend Jerry. We ate at a little cafe, bought some books at Oscar Wilde's and had desert at Jeckyl & Hyde's. It was a great soul nurishing experience to be in the village.
  • I walked by a film shoot on the streets of NY.
  • Saw Time Square & the Empire State Building... yada yada... you know: the NY thing. :)
Ok.. I'm going to bed now--- more later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment