Saturday, May 24, 2008

Cincy & Cat Meditation

I don't really have much to type about today. But I feel it's about time for a new blog- so here goes. Let's do another bullet list, shall we?
  • First, I just need to aknowledge that I think my mind works in bullet points. :)
  • My trip to Cincinnati was GREAT! It was so nice to see some old friends, smiling faces I haven't seen in years, and pick right back up where we left off.
  • The drive up and back was nice too. I fell in love with my rented Prius-- which got an average of 44.9 miles per gallon during the trip, btw.
  • The rep season is going ok. I'm training first year students to take over 2 of my 3 shows so that I can have more time for Beaux Stratagem, the grad show I'm stage managing. In training someone to do my job, I've realized how much detail is missing from my paperwork. For example, when I put "Tybalt's knife" on a prop preset list I know which one that is-- but it wouldn't be obvious to anyone else. It's been a good learning experience.
  • I've started taking my meditation a little more seriously. I try to spend a few minutes each day in quiet meditation-- but Ophelia seems to hate this idea. I'll be sitting in the floor or on my bed with my legs crossed-- just sitting and breathing with my eyes closed or in a locked gaze when I feel a cold cat nose on my arm. Then she starts head butting me. Oh- and she loves my meditation beads which thinks are a cat toy worthy of attack. It's really adorable. Maybe I should make Ophelia a part of my meditation. Cat petting meditation. Hmm... it has potential.
  • At this moment I have 1 month, 25 days, 18 hours, and 52 minutes till graduation.. not that I'm counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment