Saturday, November 1, 2008

Thoughtful Mike

 Hello friends-

I hope everyone had a lovely Halloween.  I have a couple of things on my mind-- and when that happens I often turn to my little blog.  Let's make a bullet list!!

  • Election Update: This is my first election year in Ohio.  No one prepared me for the barrage of political ads I'd be subjected to living in a swing state!  My god!  It's insane! Not only have political ads taken over the TV, but they're filling up my mailbox now-- my real mailbox that is- not e-mail.  These ads are always so negative.  It's depressing in a way.   I'll be happy when this election is over.
  • Weight Watchers Update: It's going ok.  I did stray yesterday quite a bit by indulging in some Halloween candy and baked goods at work.  I mean- what the hell.  It's a holiday- right?
  • Reading Update: I may have abandoned my laundromat book "A Habit for Death".  I might pick it up again on some cold laundry day, but for now it's back on the shelf.  I've started "Running With Scissors".  So far it's absolutely fascinating!  I want to see the movie too-- but not until after I finish the book.  I love that now I have time to read things other than plays or textbooks that I'm not in grad school anymore! 

No comments:

Post a Comment