Sunday, February 26, 2012

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...



The Haunted Mansion is by far my favorite ride at Walt Disney World so I thought I'd blog about it!  A grand haunted mansion stands in both  Disneyland in California and in Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom Park in Florida.  One day we'll make the trek out to California and visit Disneyland--- but until then the only Haunted Mansion memories I have are from the park in Florida.
A big part of my fascination with the Haunted Mansion goes back to my childhood. Halloween was pretty much tied with Christmas for the "favorite holiday" award back then.  It wasn't just the candy either-- it was the fantasy of it touching a world beyond our own.  While my sister and I were out trick-or-treating I'd look up to the sky to see if I could catch a glimpse a witch on her broom-- or of a passing specter.  This fascination didn't wain after October was over.  When I was in the 2nd grade I bought a haunted house activity book at the Scholastic Book Fair that became my favorite book!  I spent hours working the puzzles and coloring in the images of goblins and ghouls.   I think it's that same little boy inside me who can't stop smiling whenever I ride the Haunted Mansion.

Let me share some cool Haunted Mansion stuff from the internet.  First up, anyone looking for a hitchhiking ghost should go checkout www.doombuggies.com.  This fan created and operatred website has just about everything you ever wanted to know about my favorite ride!  You can download desktop wallpapers there-- or you can click below and download the desktop wallpaper that I made. I took this photo from the Liberty Square River Boat and then photoshopped it a bit to make it into a cool wallpaper. :)

There are many legends surrounding the haunted mansion.  One of the most interesting is that of The Hatbox Ghost-- a one time resident of the original Haunted Mansion in California.  Check out the video below about this happy haunt. :)  I wish he would come back to the mansion.


No comments:

Post a Comment