Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Batman Knows Santa Claus?

For some reason I'm in a Batman kind of mood today.  Maybe it's because we're deep into the Christmas season.  You see, when I was a kid, Christmas time usually meant it was time for me write a letter to Santa asking him for Batman action figures or other toys.  I've closely associated Christmas with the Dark Knight for years.  But this association goes back much farther than me.  Batman and Santa Claus are old friends!   Saint Nick appeared in a Batman comic book over 50 years ago.  (see the cover to the right)  He also made a cameo on the Batman TV show.
[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4_5jngpLkY]

Of course those examples are from a time with Batman was a little more light hearted.  But once Batman turned more serious, Santa stuck around:



I'm not sure if Kris Kringle is going to make an appearance in the current Batman comic books, but we have been given a little Bat-present this season!  The 2nd trailer for Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises was just released.  Check it out----

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gFwvozMHR4]

No comments:

Post a Comment