Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Just Another Manic Monday...

Yesterday was weird. Usually Monday is my day off but this week I had a random rehearsal that dominated the day. This has made me feel like I'm running behind... I hope I can catch up this week.

Here is my usual Monday routine:

- I try to enjoy the one day when I can sleep in but still get up early enough so I don't feel like I've wasted the day. This is a delicate balance but usually puts me getting up just before 10am.
- After I shower I check my e-mail and hit the "Stumble!" button about 20 times. I usually start to make a To Do list then. The list includes things like this:
- Laundry
- Dishes
- Trash
- Clean Bathroom
- Pick up Bedroom
- vacuum
- Clean Litter Box
- Groceries
- Theatre History??
- Meditate
- Call Kerrie
- Plan Photo Shoot
- Blog
- Job Search
- After I make this list I ignore it for an hour or two. If it's a nice day I'll open the windows and the door to the deck. I put up a baby gate in the door so Ophelia doesn't go out on the deck. She's so curious about the deck but when she's out there she freaks out... so we avoid that.
- I start laundry and fix something to eat. While this is happening I usually pick up the apartment a little and I might gather the trash to take it out and load the dish washer.
- After I eat I take the trash out on my way to the car.
- I end up at Wal-mart-- the evil but convenient place for one stop shopping. I buy whatever I need and come back. Usually while I'm at Wal-mart Kerrie calls me (because I never get around to calling her) and we make dinner plans.
- I come back home, put away groceries and call or im Lynn to invite him to dinner too. Kerrie, Lynn and I have dinner every monday night-- but we always act like it's a new thing, you know what I mean? The conversation is always "Hey, what are you doing? Have you eaten? Well, Kerrie (or Lynn if I'm talking to Kerrie) and I are going to get something to eat later. Want to come along?"
- Laundry
- Clean Litter Box
- Turn on the TV and promptly ignore it. I sit down and Oph jumps in my lap. About 10 seconds after she settles the dryer clicks off or I hear someone IM me or the microwave beeps. "Sorry kitty.. jump down." I end up sitting very little on Mondays.
- Internet (MySpace, Facebook, Blog, Stumble, Stumble Stumble....)
- Knock Knock. Come in!! Lynn & Kerrie come over and we talk about were to eat. Or rather, where not to eat.
- Dinner!
- Then I usually end up back at one of our apartment feeling like a stuffed pig. We lounge and chat.
- Crap! I forgot laundry in the dryer and washer! I start it back up.
- I look back at the list and mark off the couple of things I accomplished and settle in for a quiet evening of web surfing. I should go to bed early because I have work in the morning but... I never do.

So. That's my Monday. But this week it was more like
- Get up and quicky eat something
- Rehearsal
- Lunch (laundry, trash, litter box)
- Rehearsal
- Give Ophelia a bath
- Crap! Laundry!
- Dinner w/Kerrie & Lynn
- World Market... I'm so sleepy
- Crash. Crap! Laundry!
- Internet
- Sleep





Powered by ScribeFire.

2 comments:

  1. You know what's funny. I talked to you on Monday and said "why don't you go eat with Lynn?" You said "OH! yeah I should." Your surprise at that cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete