Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Catching up

Last year I blogged an average of 2 entries a month (though they weren't spread out that evenly).  So that means I'm way behind this year!  I thought I'd write a quick update blog about what's going on in my life and the geek world.

First, I have to acknowledge the gravity shifting and terribly sad news that Leonard Nimoy passed away last week.  I still don't really have the words to express what a loss his passing is to the Star Trek community, the theatre world and the film industry.  As Spock often says: "Live Long and Prosper".  Mr. Nimoy did both while generously giving back so much to the world.  I don't know what else to say but I want to share his final tweet:

----------------------------------------------------------

So, what else have I missed by not blogging.  An update on Gotham-- a wrote a while back that I was having trouble wrapping my head around the Gotham version of the Batman universe.  I'm past that struggle now and am fully embracing the show's interpretation.  Fish Mooney has developed into an interesting character and the Penguin is slowly but surely becoming recognizable.  He occasionally backslides into being a sniveling brat but we're starting to see more of the mob boss that he will become.

I'm also pretty happy with how Bruce is developing.  His detective skills are starting to come to the surface as his is moral code.  I mean, he has a long way to go before he become Batman (and I don't think we'll ever really see that happen until maybe the series finale) but it's a fun journey.


In Disney news, Tim and I took a trip to Walt Disney World in January.   This was kind of a bonus trip for us.  We weren't sure what my work schedule was going to be like so we waited until the last minute to book it.  As most of my work for Jan & Feb dried up (the life of a free-lance stage manager) we decided to take advantage of the free time and head down south to warmer weather and bigger castles.

We stayed at the All-Star Movies Resort on WDW property-- my first time at an All-Star.  We'd done one value resort before when we stayed at Pop Century.  It was fine!  Not as luxurious as the Wilderness Lodge (my favorite) but it was convenient, comfortable & still more magical than staying off property.

We have another trip planned for later this year, so we did the math and decided to buy annual passes because we'll save some money that way.  So now I can say that I am an annual passholder at Walt Disney World-- something I didn't think I'd do without living in Florida.

Tim and I are also toying with the idea of starting a Disney podcast about our trips, tips of planning your trip, our thoughts on the Disney company's current ventures, reviews of Disney's shows on Broadway, etc.  I really need some kind of creative outlet and this idea sounds like a lot of fun.   So look for that to come out soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment