Monday, April 11, 2011

Twitter Trek

Some guys start their day with a cup of coffee and reading the morning newspaper. I start my day with a bowl of cereal and reading Star Trek News! I always check the news feed at the official CBS web page as well as checking a few blogs like Trek Movie. But what if that's not enough? I still have half a bowl of cheerios left and I'm all out of Trek news. Luckily some of my favorite Star Trek actors are active tweeters! It's a lot of fun to read actual thoughts and messages people like George Takei, William Shatner and others. Twitter makes these celebrities seem a little more "real". Unlike some famous people, these tweets aren't written by a PR firm or a marketing department. When you read Leonard Nimoy's tweets you're reading Leonard Nimoy's actual words. I think he likes connecting to his fans so directly. Spock isn't the only one either-- at last year's NJ convention Jeri Ryan told everyone in the crowd to follow her on Twitter.

Here are some of my favorite recent tweets from some familiar friends:

Family Guy gave me a hilarious "shout out" last night. Have you seen it?

Working on Transformers. Isn't it about time ??!! LLAP

Another pic of tonight's stage in Auckland NZ. Show begins in a couple of hours. My best, Bill

7 of 9 Doctors agree you should be watching tomorrow: The other 2 couldn't be reached for comment. ;)


Roses are also in bloom all over my neighborhood. I took a long walk just to admire the beauty that Spring brings.

Now following @ She makes me laugh.

Here is a list of Star Trek related Twitter feeds:

Star Trek News/Blogs

@StarTrek

@TrekMovie@roddenberry

TOS Cast Members
@WilliamShatner (William Shatner)@TheRealNimoy (Leonard Nemoy)
@GeorgeTakei (George Takei)@RealNichelle (Nichelle Nichols)

TNG Cast Members
@BrentSpiner (Brent Spiner)
@levarburton (LeVar Burton)@wilw (Wil Wheaton)

Voyager Cast Members
@JeriLRyan (Jeri Ryan)

Star Trek 2009 Cast Members
@ZacharyQuinto (Zachary Quinto)
@simonpegg (Simon Pegg)@zoesaldana (Zoe Saldana)

If you want to follow me, I'm @themikejones. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment