Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Book Club!!

I'm not much of a reader. I never have been. I tend to start books and not finish them. I certainly like books. I mean I like shopping for them. I like buying them. Flipping thru them. I carry books around in my shoulder bag. I display books on my bookshelves. I dust them. But do I actually READ them? Not usually. But occasionally I find a book that really speaks to me-- a book that I want to do more than dust. When this happens I suddenly I transform into a reader for the duration for the piece. Suddenly you can find me sitting at the laundromat with my nose buried in a paperback. I read thru lunch breaks. I might sneak in a few pages while waiting for rehearsal to begin or on the train on my way home. I have to knock out a chapter before bed time. What kind of books might hold this power over me? Mainly GEEKY books! I'm hoping that Night of the Living Trekkies will fit the bill. I picked up a copy today. In the same vain as Pride, Predjudice & Zombies comes this little tale of a zombie outbreak in the most likely of places: a Star Trek convention. Perfect. Now I have my airport/beach/laudromat for the next few weeks. :) I'll have to let you all know how it goes! Stay tuned!

Oh-- and if anyone else wants to pick up a copy and read along (like Tommy is going to do) feel free to join our little book club! :) Once we've finished the book we'll have an online group chat about it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment