Tuesday, December 30, 2008

After a month "off plan"

I started Weight Watchers Online a few months ago and it was working pretty well for me.  I lost several pounds by making minor changes to my eating habits.  While I strayed from the program every now and then I have to give it credit- it works.  And if I really gave it a go-- complete with exercise & the determination to be successful I'm sure it could change my life.

But-- I took a "break" from it over a month ago-- the last time I logged into my account was 11/24.  Straying was easy! I was going thru some emotional ups and downs and, as usual, I turned to food for comfort.  Then with the holiday season upon me I decided it was easier to stay off the diet and "enjoy" the treats that Christmas had to offer!  Well here's my update: I feel terrible.  I've gain 6.7 lbs in the last month (still down a couple pounds from when I first started WW though).  My joints hurt, I have less energy and I'm just generally gross.  I need to get back on track and the new year seems like the perfect time to do it.  That being said, I'm reluctant to throw away the homemade fudge that's sitting in my kitchen. Hmm...


No comments:

Post a Comment